Sunday, June 7, 2009

Read-A-Thon Progress

Progress Report (10:00 p.m.)
I watched Law and Order CI and In Plain Sight on TV tonight. What a downer In Plain Sight was! Wish I'd been reading instead. Well, I'm signing off and may start reading The Clovis Incident by Pari Noskin Taichert. Tony Hillerman says she's a skilled and witty writer. Sounds like just what I need right now.

======================

Progress Report (7:41p.m.)
I finished The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, but I'm not sure I'm going to start another book tonight. For one thing, I'm tired. For another, I'm hungry. And for the third thing, I'm not missing In Plain Sight on TV tonight.

I was very happy to be able to spend the day reading such a fabulous book. I just loved every minute of it, every word. I'm going to the PaperBack Swap site shortly and see if I can get the others in the series. Hope I have enough credits left to order at least one. I loved the book, but I'm too tired at the moment to write more about it and do it justice. I need time to think.

======================

Progress Report (4:30p.m.):
I'm about halfway through The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency and am enjoying every single word. I just took a break to stretch my legs, get something to drink and come check out everybody else's progress. Thanks for the lovely excuse to read all day.

======================

Progress Report (noonish):
I finished Work of the Angels by Kat Goldring. I stayed up til the wee hours reading that last night, but finally had to give in to exhaustion and get some sleep. So after cleaning up and starting the cooking, I read the last three chapters. I must admit, I did not guess who the villain was. I usually can figure it out, but Kat Goldring surprised me. I like that. Now I'm going to have to go find the previous books in the series and catch up on the lives of Willi and Quannah.

I've read the first chapter of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency and am completely enchanted. I'm going to go check on the London broils and then get back to Mma Ramotswe.

======================

Checking In (about 10:00a.m. or thereabouts):

Not going as well as I'd planned. But isn't that how life goes sometimes? I've heard it said that life is what happens while you're making other plans. We had some life happening this morning. When hubby got up to feed the kitties (no such thing as sleeping in with kitties, unfortunately), he found that the upright freezer's door was ajar. SIGH!! The meat was not completely defrosted, fortunately. All the packages were still halfway frozen, so there was no worry about contamination. We decided to cook all the meat and then freeze the dishes for easy reheating. Well, at least I won't have to cook anything other than vegetables for our suppers for a few days.

I've spent too much time today reading other folks blogs and making lists of books to add to my TBR wish list. I love blogs, but I gotta discipline myself and go read a mystery or two. Blogs later. Mysteries now.

No comments:

Post a Comment