100+ Book Challenge
I'm definitely looking forward to this 100+ Book Challenge. I read a lot of fiction, especially mysteries, but I read a lot of other types books, too: history, spirituality, theology, politics, etc. I feel as though I'm getting 'credit', so to speak, for all the books I read, especially the nonfiction books, even if I don't blog about them or review them.
Here are the rules from J. Kaye's blog:
The 100+ Reading Challenge will be hosted here this year. Here are the guidelines:
1) You can join anytime as long as you don’t start reading your books prior to 2009.
2) This challenge is for 2009 only. The last day to have all your books read is December 31, 2009.
3) You can join anytime between now and December 31, 2009.
4) If you don’t have a blog, please join our Yahoo Groups.
5) When you sign up under Mr. Linky, list the direct link to your post where your 100+ books will be listed. If you list just your blog’s URL, it will be removed.
6) All books count: children’s, YA, adults, fiction, non-fiction, how-tos, etc.
7) Feel free to post in the comment section or on Yahoo Groups your monthly progress as well as your favorite books that month.
Here's my starting list. They're mostly mysteries since those are already listed on this Book Nook blog.
- The Clovis Incident, Pari Noskin Taichert
- Assassin: A Lady Grace Mystery, Patricia Finney
- Best Served Cold, Jimmie Ruth Evans
- Beware False Profits, Emilie Richards
- Blessed Is the Busybody, Emilie Richards
- Dead in the Water, Connie Fedderson
- A Dilly of a Death, Susan Wittig Albert
- Dragon's Lair, Sharon Kay Penman
- Dying to Sing, Margaret Chittendon
- Endless Chain, Emilie Richards
- Keepsake Crimes, Laura Childs
- Let There Be Suspects, Emilie Richards
- Lincoln's Dreams, Connie Willis
- The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Alexander McCall Smith
- Queen's Ransom, Fiona Buckley
- Roman Blood, Steven Saylor
- Shadows in Bronze, Lindsey Davis
- Silver Pigs, Lindsey Davis
- Some Like It Hot-Buttered, Jeffrey Cohen
- The Sunne in Splendour, Sharon Kay Penman
- Tilt-a-Whirl, Chris Grabenstein
- Wedding Ring, Emilie Richards
- Wildcat Wine, Claire Matturro
- Windows on a Lost World, V. E. Mitchell
- The Way of Wyrd: Tales of an Anglo-Saxon Sorcerer, Brian Bates
- Work of the Angels, Kat Goldring
- String of Lies, Mary Ellen Hughes
- Crime Brulee, Nancy Fairbanks
- Bring Your Own Poison, Jimmie Ruth Evans
- Bitch Factor, Chris Rogers
- Tears of the Giraffe, Alexander McCall Smith
- Mew Is for Murder, Clea Simon
- The Dark Interval: Toward a Theology of Story, John Dominic Crossan